Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What this blog is about...

Two years ago I lost a dear friend to breast cancer who was my ultimate "Mom Resource".  She was a single mother of 6 who was going back to school.  Twice a week I would visit her and she would tell me everything she had found and researched that could help moms like us.  It could be information she read about making your own food or where to get counseling for financial aid.  I saved very little of that valuable information and am kicking myself daily.  I want a place where single women can go to find what we need without spending hours and hours of research that quite frankly, single mothers DO NOT have time to do.  I will mention though that this blog is not only for single mommies but married ones too.  There are many married women who do not have supportive partners and or are trying to leave a bad relationship.  I spent 3 years fighting to leave my terrible marriage and couldn't have done it without an incredible community of mothers.  So feel free to comment and send information you think other moms would find helpful.  Let's get started.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment